Sales Tax/VAT/CST Registration

Sales Tax Registration :
  • VAT/ Sales Tax registration is required for any business that is into sales either by way of trading, manufacturing, whether individuals, partnerships, Companies, or other forms of businesses.
  • This is to be applied with the local Sales Tax Department in the prescribed forms along with specified fees and necessary documents. On completion of the formalities, a Tax Identification Number (TIN) is granted.
  • Every dealer who effects inter-state sale is required to register with State sales tax authorities who are empowered to grant registration under CST Act. CST arises in the state from which goods are sold.
  • When registered for VAT/CST/Sales tax, the manufacturer or trader is allotted a unique 11 digit number which will serve as the VAT Number / TIN Number / CST Number for the business.
Documents required for sales tax registration process :
  • You need to have a PAN Card Copy for the firm.
  • If you are a Private Limited Company or a Partnership, you need the PAN Card of the Company or Partnership, respectively.
  • For Proprietorship, a personal PAN Card is sufficient.
  • Next, the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company or the Partnership Agreement if it is a Partnership.
  • Rental agreement for the office address, if it is rented.
  • The Address Proof, Identity Proof and PAN Card of the Directors / Partners / Proprietor. For the Address Proof, an Electricity Bill is sufficient and the for Identity Proof, the Passport / Driving License / Voter ID Card / Aadhar Card will suffice.
  • Finally, you need the Address Proof of the office address where the business operates, you can use the electricity bill or telephone bill for the office premises.